Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Whew. I sit here at the computer pretty pooped. We had Christmas with my brother, we moved and I am in the middle of finishing one job and starting another. Life is full, but I think this is our normal (and probably yours too!)...
Aaron and I rang in the New Year last night fast asleep. I woke slightly to fireworks at midnight, but I had been in bed for almost 2 hours by then. Lame? Yes. Oh well. There's always next year!?

This year, my grandma had everyone in the family come up with one word that they hope for 2012, almost like a theme word. It was hard for me not to pick the word "new" as my word. In the new year, we are in a new home and I am starting a new job. I also feels like I have entered a new season. I spent last year mostly in a "baby bubble." I didn't do much outside of my kids and home. I never spent more than a few hours away from Amos, but now that he is one and getting more independent, I find myself excited about looking outward and shifting my energy a bit. I will definitely still focus on my kiddos and all of their growing, but I am actually looking forward spending more time with women and doing things outside of the home. It feels like a subtle shift. So "new" felt like a good word. But I believe along with this new season, is going to come a need for intentionality, being more fully present. When I am prepping for my class, I need to be fully engaged and when I am with my friends, I want to be more present. I feel like I have spent alot of time being distracted. I know this is part of having small kids who demand alot of attention, but I hope to be more intentional with my time, especially. So I think "intentional" is a good word for 2012.

One thing I am going to do (starting tonight) is have Aaron change my facebook password, so I can't check facebook several times a day. What a waste of time. We are also starting our annual January cleanse this week, which means being more intentional about what I eat. Oh man, this post is beginning to sound like your cliche New Year's Resolution post, but I guess it is. I love the start of January. It feels like I can hit the reset button and refocus my priorities. There are so many things happening at the end of the year, so it is always a huge relief when January rolls around. Yippee that it's January! And as I type I am watching my son toddle around taking multiple steps in a row. I think he's on his way to walking...this week! So, yet another new change around here...more mobility. Oh boy, here we go...


A picture to get the New Year started!
Montana's self portrait of her and her brother...
(I love that she misspelled her name)

1 comment:

Kim said...

K8..maybe she didn't misspell her name, maybe she has decided she needs an extra 'n' in her name! ;) I am wondering how long you will be able to stay away from FB?? Happy Cleanse!!