Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our Jaunt to South Dakota: Part 3: Grandma's Celebration


We celebrated my Grandma's 80th Birthday while we were in So. Dak. The whole family was together. We had a little "program" to honor Grandma. My cousin played guitar and sang and my sister, brother and I even did our own little "number." The coolest thing the family did was each give Grandma a rose and tell her what we appreciated about her. It was really cool to hear everyone's feelings about this wonderful woman. Grandma is the most hospitable person I know. She makes a meal from nothing and serves people sacrificially. There are always people in her home and she makes everyone feel important. Buying locally, reducing, reusing and recycling were practically invented by her. She would fit right in here in Bellingham!! But most importantly, she has created a spiritual legacy by loving Jesus and leading her family toward Him. I love you, Grandma. Happy Birthday!




The whole family
(minus Bloom and Amos who were both exhausted)
taken by my friend, Alyssa!


No comments: