Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Jaunt to South Dakota: Part 2: The Lake

Oh, Iron Creek Lake, how I love thee. I played in your waters as a kid. My parents were engaged there (officially - more to that story!). We went night fishing with my Grandpa Wayne. You bring in the most random mix of people, which makes for incredible people watching. And 4 years ago, my parents made the investment of a lifetime - a 1958 trailer with no running water right near your small, but timeless body of water! Now we can visit you every summer. Montana hasn't missed a summer of her life.

I love that my parents have memories at Iron Creek Lake, I have memories of the Lake and now my kids are making their own memories. Forgive me if I'm nostalgic, but there is something absolutely magical about that place.











1 comment:

Kim said...

Looking good in the bikini baby! I hope that you are always able to spend part of your summer here with friends and family....what a blessing to have so many good memories.