Monday, May 26, 2014

All in a day's work

The day started off with "Holy Shoot!" from the 3 year old.  And then an explanation why we shouldn't say that.  And then the question, "well then is it okay to say Holy Cow?"

Well, crap, I thought to myself, is it okay?  I landed on yes it is okay to say, but reminded my children that nothing is holy except God.  So maybe it's not okay to say, "holy cow" or "holy moly" or...?

Up next was the almost 1 year old climbing the ladder of the bunk bed unassisted and I must say quite skillfully. Great, now I have to eliminate another hazard.  I am beginning to remember why I love babies and have a love/hate relationship with toddlers.

Then the 6 year old lost her front tooth at supper.  She asked the tooth fairy to bring fairy dust.  Some white sugar mixed with purple and pink sprinkles left over from some birthday party and...Voila! Pixie dust.  The tooth fairy also added 2 quarters for good measure, but the fairy pixie dust was a hit and the quarters may still be under the pillow. Next time, I think the tooth fairy will get herself a coffee instead of giving money.

I write these things to remind my present self what a sweet time we are in with the kids and so my future self does not forget these little moments.  Sometimes the yelling or whining or exhaustion is all I can remember.




No comments: