Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sick of the $%^T!!

Sorry to be so crass, but when you talk about cows, horses and 2.5 year olds in diapers, there is no other way to describe it.  The poop is no longer cute and manageable.  It is shit.

So it is in this spirit that we are approaching potty training.  Amos may not be ready, but mom and dad are.

The plan: nudity and bribery.  I mean come on, the kid gets to watch the ipad AND have a chocolate chip for just sitting there?!

Day 1 was a bit of a crap shoot.  Literally.  Day 2 I was thinking that maybe we were just shooting for the stars by trying to do this...

And then...

When we were all busy and not looking

  AMOS PEED IN THE POTTY!!!

Dancing and celebration ensued followed by the purchase of a new toy car.  (Did I mention that bribery is being laid on thick?!)

We are now on Day 3 and Amos so thoughtfully used his hands to take his poop from the potty chair to the toilet to flush it down.

And this, my friends, is progress.

3 comments:

Sarah E. Richardson said...

Oh my goodness. This is so funny and I'm so sorry at the same time. Reason number 347 not to have children. :)

Kim said...

I think naked rollerblading should be an Olympic event. Just saying! Oh and have no fear he will be trained by the time he is ready for kindergarten. Just kidding.

Auntie Jill said...

Kate---make sure you talk to Kerry--she's going through the same thing with Harper. I think he's moved past the point where he wanted his underwear over his diaper but we are ALL working diligently to get him trained. It's an exciting time with the Haeflingers! Love you and all....I'll be expecting pictures and a post about Silas next.