Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tellin' it like it is

Today at the grocery store, Montana informed me that when she gets to be a grown-up, I will be old and she will take care of me. She said that she will put my jammies on, tuck me into bed and read me a Bible story. Later she was recapping this information for Aaron and added, you will eat cheerios and jello. Aaron and I looked at each other and laughed, and said she's probably right!

And now I am blogging about it, so that when I am indeed old and she is indeed a grown-up, there will be proof (if the internet still exists) that it was HER idea to take care of us and change our clothes and feed us jello.

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVING.IT. Please mark that this is the date that your child first informed you that she was aware you would become O-L-D. It is a momentous occasion...before you know it she will start sentences with phrases like 'not that I am saying you are old, but...' THIS is MY reality, I believe I hear it on an almost daily basis. It is better than my other least favorite sentence starter: 'well I'm not saying that you are fat'...