Friday, November 12, 2010

kindness of strangers

Today I am thankful for the people that we have met through the Firehouse Cafe, where Aaron works a couple of days a week. One woman learned that we were having a boy, so she contacted us and wanted to give us a "few" things. I went to "J's" house and she had a box of wonderful boy clothes, a stroller, bouncy seat, and then later brought us a car seat and a bag full of cloth diapers. She gave it all to us and said that they were done having kids and wanted to see some of these things go to a specific baby boy. I am blown away by her generosity and kindness. I hope she knows what a tremendous blessing it was to us. My heart is full of gratitude for her and her family.

Next Sunday a few coffee shop regulars and employees want to have a baby shower for us. Again, I am humbled by their thoughtfulness and kindness. People in general have such kind and generous hearts and I truly hope that I am leaving room in my heart and life for generosity and kindness to those I encounter.

No comments: