Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Book Club

The new chapter of a book club.

What possibly can be more fun than a group of ladies, eating snacks, drinking wine, talking about books and anything else that likely comes up?

Tonight will be the second meeting of our new book club and I'm excited. I don't know half of the women, but I like them. I think that we are a random group and we picked out some pretty random books, but I think it's great. The book we are discussing tonight is David Sedaris' hilarious book, Me Talk Pretty One Day.

Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard reading a book. I read it in Mexico and I would start laughing and poor Aaron would feel left out, so I would read him a passage only to start laughing louder. You need a light read and a good laugh? Pick this book up! It's the perfect book to read before bed. My favorite chapter? "Big Boy." Why is it that I am 32 years old and I still laugh at all things related to poop? Will I ever outgrow this? I mean, seriously, it's ridiculous.

But thanks just the same to David Sedaris for giving me a good belly laugh. I needed it.

And for the record the book wasn't all about poop. There was other funny stuff too.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I.LOVE.BOOK CLUB. that's all