Sunday, September 19, 2010

...and so it begins

Montana started preschool last week. I know she isn't 3 yet, but we felt that she would love going somewhere to play with kids and we want to get her some structure before the baby comes in December and her world is turned completely upside down. I have to confess that a couple of hours at home to myself before the baby comes was rather appealing as well. She was so excited to go, although she was not very happy about us trying to take her picture every 2 minutes and was even less thrilled with the video camera. We did manage to capture a couple of good ones, however. We got to school and she ran right in and started playing. I had to walk over to tell her good-bye and and "Montana, look at me. I love you. Have fun." Yeah, mom, whatever. See you later. I got a little teary and the teacher assured me that it's usually harder on mom than the kiddos. She deals with parents leaving their kid for the first time every year, but this was MY first time. I never experienced it before. Aaron and I got back in the quiet car and we realized this was the first day of about 20 years (give or take) of school for Montana. Wow! Maybe we are getting her started too early, maybe we are speeding things up unnecessarily...but when I walked into my house by myself, I thought, well she's gotta go to school sometime!! :)

We are so proud of our little girl and so excited for this new chapter for her.

3 comments:

JennyO said...

What a big girl! She's SO ready for some independence. And it will be such a great break for you AND fun time with the baby once he's here. You'll want some Mommy/son time. Good all around. I was SO glad we decided to put Tamsen in last year. We're dying to see you all...how long is that layover in CO??? I'm coming to the airport!! : )

Kim said...

LOVE.THE.PICS. I support your decision wholeheartedly to have her start preschool, even before year 3. She is such an amazing social bug, it will be great for her, and YOU. Love you all!

Andrea said...

She looks totally ready to take on the world. :)