Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Whirlwind

It has been a crazy couple of days. On Saturday I got a call about a job that I submitted my resume to before Christmas, and she wanted to interview me in Seattle on Monday afternoon. (The job would be in Bellingham, though) So as I was getting geared up for the interview on Sunday night, my friend's water broke. We had agreed to take their little girl when she went into labor, but she was a week early and was going to watch Montana while I went to Seattle. So, needless to say, I didn't have a babysitter and we had an extra kid! I had a brief moment of panic, but as always...things totally worked out. Aaron got his shift covered at the coffee shop in one phone call, so he got to be Mr. Mom to 2 little girls while I drove to Seattle. Thankfully I gave myself a bit of extra time because there was a terrible accident on the way, and I sat on the highway for about 30 minutes. I made it to the interview only a few minutes late. The interview went well and I should find out in the next week or so if I got it. I arrived home last night right in time for our Monday night biblestudy to begin. Whew. What a day.
Right now, Montana is asleep and Elena is back with her parents and new baby sister, and I have a few minutes to breathe and process.

I am overwhelmed by how quickly things can change...one minute you are not thinking about a job and the next you have a job interview. One minute you are pregnant and the next you are holding a brand new baby. It is a good reminder that nothing is permanent whether good or bad. It just is. God's timing is always better than my timing even though I often think my timing is best. Why haven't I learned THAT one yet? Just when I think life is going in a certain direction it changes. I am so grateful and thrilled for this possibility to start counseling again, yet so scared at the same time. Will I know what to do and what to say as a therapist? Will I be able to help my clients make positive change? Will I have time for the things I do now? Will Montana miss me?

As my mom always reminds me...one day at a time. So for now, I'm going to enjoy this quiet afternoon at home with Montana. The Washington weather is back after a long, good stretch of sunshine. A good afternoon cuddle on the couch reading some books never sounded so good. Life will be what it is, why stress myself out now with the "what ifs" I can't answer.

No comments: