Thursday, November 20, 2008

Grandma, we got a POUNDING

A few months ago my mom told me that Grandma's church used to give their pastors "poundings." This refers to large amounts of food that the congregation would leave for the pastor at the pastor's door. So my mom started joking about us getting "pounded". I didn't think this really happened anymore, but last night...we got a "pounding"!! The youth group stopped by with bags and bags of groceries - over 20 in all. Aaron was at a meeting, but I was home and boy was I surprised when I opened my door to about 12 high schoolers with a ton of food. It is from the whole church, and I am blown away. Not only was there food, but cash and a Safeway gift card (and toilet paper and kleenex which is not pictured!). I won't have to go to the store for months. Again I feel so blessed and welcomed by this community. Moral of the story: "poundings" do still happen! And if anyone needs any green beans, corn, or pasta...just stop by!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Kate - that's so cool, but it must be an American thing, because we've never had that, and never heard of it. We would get great Christmas gifts from people, but nothing like that. Extravagant blessing. Cool.