Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh how the days go by...

I know that everyone always says how fast time goes, and when you have a baby it seems to go even faster. Montana is getting so big. Tomorrow she will be 4 months and Aaron and I are in awe. She is quite verbal these days and says "HI" all of the time. (I'm serious!) She is happiest in the mornings and thanks to the book, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth she is no longer sleep deprived and usually takes 2 long naps a day(when we're not out and about). She hasn't quite rolled over yet, but it's coming any day. I don't know why girls do this, but she has a little scream she whips out when she is really hungry or really tired. It's that high pitched scream that makes me want to discipline her. :) She is not into her soothie as much anymore because she has found her fingers! Fine with me - Suck away, girl!
Aaron and I are finding our rhythm as new parents - my duties include bath time and day time feedings, Aaron clips her finger nails and gets up at night to feed her. I often have to ask Aaron if I am hogging her because I love to hold her and play with her. I am really trying to cherish this time with her because I will never get this time again. When I start to stress out about getting things "done." I remind myself that those things can usually wait, but taking time to nourish my daughter or play with her on the floor will be gone before I know it. I have had to put away a few little outfits and it makes me sad to think that she will never be able to wear them again...wow I'm getting pretty sappy.
Well...here's to embracing the present and enjoying the moment.

1 comment:

Deb said...

You two - what an adorable daughter you have. Yes - they grow up fast - personally - it'd find it a little difficult to still be carrying around a newborn 20 years later - I'll be honest. Of course, I haven't had my little one yet - so maybe I'll be more sentimental once I see mine growing up so fast as well...We'll see!

Enjoy your time together!