Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Swaziland or Bust

DID YOU KNOW...
  • Swaziland is a small African country between South Africa and Mozambique?
  • The population of Swaziland is approximately 1,175,000?
  • Nearly 40% of the country's adults are living with HIV/AIDS?
  • An estimated 16,000 children under the age of 15 are themselves infected with HIV?
  • The average life expectancy in Swaziland is 32 years of age?
  • On Friday my whole family along with a team of 24 other people from North Carolina will be flying to this country?
Aaron and I covet your prayers while we are there. Please pray for the safety and protection of my family and our team, and please don't forget the little one that is growing inside of me! Pray that this trip would be a good time of connection for my family (many of you have heard the saga of us getting to this point!!) Also pray that we can be a blessing to the missionaries and all of the precious children we will be working with (Part of our time will be spent doing repairs/construction in the community centers and the other part will be spent doing VBS with kids at various locations). Pray also that we will be open to the Holy Spirit working in our own lives as well...

Thanks for your prayers and support. We will see you when we get back in about 10 days. I am sure that we will have many pictures and stories to fill our blog with...so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Deb said...

We will be praying for you three, and your family. Enjoy your time, and relish the experience, you two!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate and Aaron:

Can't wait to hear how your time is going in Swzland :) Can't wait to hear your thoughts as well. I've just been catching up on your blog and it's good to hear that things are going well with the baby and the cell phones and all :) Are you guys sure you had to turn in the BC plates though ... can't you come back!!!! Summer here has been fun too ... though it's still pretty rainy and summer feels like it's cheating us! I've only been to one of my fav. swimming holes .... that's just nuts!!! Oh well Hayley and I just roadtriped down Oregon's coast last week and that was spectacular!!! When I get a chance I'll put pictures on my facebook. Well I'm breaking all rules of brevity but couldn't resist :) Love you guys and cheering you on from the North :)
Carrie

Kelly Cook said...

we are praying for ALL of you!