Monday, February 10, 2014

Off to bed

The bed time routine in this house is pretty much a well oiled machine...when dad is home. With Dad gone more evenings now, I am left to the wolves. (On a side note...single parents and military spouses...you get major props from me).


Tonight went well enough, but Silas hit a wall about the time that I began reading to the others...so I found myself holding the library book, attempting to nurse a squirmy baby while big sister played peek-a-boo with him (HELLO, I am trying to READ!) and what is this I feel? Amos, are you seriously licking my arm right now?  And these books...man, they have so many WORDS.  I also probably shouldn't save the Bible story for the end, because by then I feel like a major hypocrite reading about Jesus' love and the courage of His followers. We scampered upstairs with a short song and threats to stay in bed.  And then there was Amos' plea, "sleep with me".  I laid down with him and he reached over to me, squeezed my neck, and breathed with his hot 3 year old breath, "I love you, mom."

I lingered another moment and then ran downstairs and poured a large glass of wine.




No comments: