Monday, June 17, 2013

He is here!

Silas Wisdom Walters was born at home on June 2, 2013.  He weighed in at 7lbs 9oz.  We are so grateful he made it...and right on time!

Although my actual due date was June 1, I figured that I would have the baby in May because both of the other kiddos were early.  The last week in May, my parents came and left, but no baby. My sister arrived on June 1, and I was getting worried the little tyke wouldn't come...

But that night, I woke up around 2 am with contractions.   It was a quiet morning and Aaron and I enjoyed the time together while everyone slept.  Aaron even made scones! We called the midwife at 6:30 am and she arrived around 8 and by the time she got her things set up, I was almost ready to push. Silas was born at 10:30am!  My sister and my friend, Aime, were here to be my post-birth nurses and they did an incredible job of fetching me things, shuttling the kids around, and making food.  The kids were at a neighbor's house and came and met their new little brother. It was so fun to introduce them.

We had a difficult time choosing Silas' name...well his middle name at least.  Both Montana and Amos have "virtues" as their middle name (Faith & Pax) and we wanted to follow the pattern.  We over-analyzed first names and googled Wisdom and other virtues in search of alternative words or definitions that would sound "cool" with Silas. At the end of the day, we went with wisdom...it is straight forward and everyone knows the meaning.  Silas means "forest/rooted" and so our prayer for Silas is that he will be rooted in Wisdom.  I love the imagery of an overgrown forest, all of the roots are connected and those trees grow because of the depth and connection of the roots...May wisdom be those roots for Silas.

Silas Wisdom...we already love you so much.  You have made our family complete and we are so glad you have come.


The most pregnant I have ever been!

Silas Wisdom

7lbs 9 oz

The kids' response to Silas' cry

First family photo.  Our family was missing someone...now he is here!!

No comments: