Sunday, August 5, 2012

Feast

As I emptied my recycle bin the other day, I realized why I was feeling so tired.  I saw evidence of snacks, dips, and drinks we don't normally consume. And I was reminded of all of our delightful feasting this summer. Not just a feast on food, but on relationships.

I started June with a girls' getaway with some of my closest friends from college.  I flew BY MYSELF to Colorado where I spent a precious day alone with my mama, and then it was off to Boulder for a weekend of talking and eating and walking with my friends. It was so refreshing.

Then it was back to WA for a couple of weeks and then the 4 of us hit the road for 2 weeks.  We drove to SD and spent time with family there, which included a family reunion on my dad's side.  It was a special time of connection and play, and again lots of good food!

We took 4 days to drive home and squeezed in a slight detour to my sister's new house in Laramie, Wyoming and then back through Idaho and Washington wine country. Wow.  Eastern Washington is hot, but I want to go back soon!

We were home for one week of catching up and prepping for the next round of fun...Aaron's whole family came to visit us for a week!  What fun to be able to show them where we live and the amazing things here.  Their trip included a 3 night stay with everyone in Pt. Townsend and we even had enough sunshine to play in the water. I am thankful for such fantastic in-laws!!

Last week our feast of family and food came to an end.  I am tired, but a good tired. 

No comments: