Monday, October 17, 2011

Missing you...

No matter where you go, you will always have someone to miss

On Thursday, Montana and Aaron are going to Ohio for his cousin's wedding. They have been talking about this trip for months. Montana is so excited. She and dad are going to eat pistachios on the airplane and Aaron bought James and the Giant Peach to read together. A new dress was purchased and the twirl factor has been approved. Grandma and Papa Walters will meet them at the airport in Denver and they will fly to Ohio all together. Montana has made a book to read to Grandma and "she will love it." She gets to see her beloved cousins that she misses so much.

But today, she realized that she will miss her teacher and her classmates while she is gone. "And I think they will miss me."

"I am sure they will, Montana. But just think you get see your cousins and you will only be gone for a few days. I bet you miss your cousins when you are at school."

And then it hit me. No matter where we go, there is always someone to miss. And I told Montana that.

That's what makes living here so hard. And the longer we stay, the harder it would be to go back. I miss my family like crazy, but there are people here who I would miss if we left. I actually already do miss a few people who have recently moved away. Our very good friends recently moved to Australia and I am going to miss them like crazy. Close neighbors are moving 20 minutes out in the county and I am going to miss seeing them around co-housing almost everyday. There are lots of changes and transitions happening all around. So many people to miss. I miss my family daily and if we moved back I would miss my neighbors and the wonderful friends we have made. It leaves me longing for a day when good-byes don't exist and we never have to miss anyone. What will that be like?

And as I write this, I am reminded how beautifully blessed I am by so many relationships...and that I actually miss them when they are not near. Thank you. You all know who you are.

2 comments:

Deb said...

This is my definition of heaven... all my loved ones close enough to hug in one day.

Auntie Jill said...

Hi---As your most favorite Aunt and I wanted to say I do miss you guys everyday. I check your blog every day for updates and love to see both Montana & Amos living with so much love, humor and humanity.....I love you guys and thought I would tell you!

Auntie Jill