Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reset

It's that time of year again. You know, the time when we start with a fresh year, lots of plans, goals, resolutions. Well I'm jumping on that bad wagon and starting out this new year with our annual January cleanse. For the past 4 years or so Aaron and I take a month to hit the reset button with our diet. It gives us permission to get out of control at holiday parties, eating just one more bon-bon, and taking one (or 5) more pieces of yummy cheese guilt free. Don't forget catching up with friends and family in Colorado and having a 3rd cup of coffee or drinking another glass of wine. I think my record this holiday was eating at 3 different restaurants in 2 different cities in 6 hours. Yep, after about a month of decadence, it's time to cleanse. We started yesterday and I literally just got off the phone with Aaron who confessed to eating a muffin at work!! WHAT??! It's only Day 2. I can't really say that I blame him...working at a coffee shop and all. I probably would've broke down and had a coffee by now. This year we will be at it for about 3 weeks...and basically be consuming no dairy, wheat, meat, sugar, beer/wine, and the hardest one for me...coffee! I may give myself a cheat day now...considering Aaron's confession!

I also want to hit the reset button on a couple of other areas of life as well. I'm not sure I want to share them yet...because that implies a little accountability. For now, let's just say I want to be more intentional with my time. Perhaps more of an update will follow depending on how my follow through goes!! :) Nevertheless, I am grateful for the start of a new year, especially after the holidays. I love the holidays, but I'm always glad when they're done and I can settle into a new rhythm. I welcome the new rhythm, hitting the reset button, and making Aaron feel very guilty for cheating on day 2!

No comments: