Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's new?

Well nothing...really. No big events, no exciting news, just the daily grind. But as much as I love fun trips and life changes and other sorts of drama, I am appreciating the small and mundane daily activities of talking with neighbors, running around with Montana, chores around the house, looking through cookbooks when Montana is sleeping, watching an "episode" or two with friends, walking to the Firehouse Cafe for coffee. I often times can't believe this is my life. I love getting out and doing things, but I equally love staying at home and spending time here.
We had a great summer. The weather has been fantastic, we spent time with family, my sister and her hubby visited, we went camping with friends, we attended 3 weddings, but I welcome autumn with open arms. Welcome cooler weather, scarves, pumpkin lattes, and a little routine to our crazy summer!! We started a Monday night Bible study with neighbors, I will be helping lead a women's Biblestudy in Lynden on Wednesday mornings, Aaron started a part-time job at the aforementioned coffee shop to meet people in addition to everything else he manages to do. We have established a family night and have ideas for another group to start. Our life is very full, nothing too crazy or exciting, but very good. So if you ask me what's new, I'll probably say not too much and that's how I like it!

No comments: