Sunday, May 3, 2009

long time, no post

At the Tulip Festival with our good friend, Aime


We've been a bit on the busy side in the last month or so. First there was the brilliant trip to Colorado where we got 3 significant snow storms and I got to spend good time with family and friends. Then it was back to Lynden for about 5 days of packing and then a move 30 minutes away to Bellingham. It was a tough transition for me, but everyday it feels more and more like home. It's crazy that we found a rhythm of life so quickly in Lynden...on one hand I hated to leave after only 5 months, but on the other hand I hope(d) that we would find a rhythm just as quickly in Bellingham. Our new community makes that part relatively easy (more on that to come). We have spent the last few weeks unpacking and finding a place for all of our things in a smaller place. In the midst of that I found out that the manuscript (from my thesis) that I submitted to Mental Health, Culture and Religion is provisionally accepted!! So after making some revisions I'll re-submit it (hopefully this week) and see what happens. But as always we have found a little bit of time to play...

Just chillin' at the Denver airport waiting for our flight to leave

No comments: