Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's a ....BABY!


My life is full these days (as you can probably tell with the number of posts we have had in the past week!). In the midst of trying to process our trip to Africa we are already preparing for the next adventure - a short term move to Michigan, and oh yeah, I'm pregnant, too. Lately my pregnancy has felt like an afterthought in the midst of so many changes and uncertainties.

On Thursday we got some exciting news that makes being pregnant less of an afterthought - We are having a baby GIRL!!

It was awesome to see her on the ultrasound moving around. The doctor says that everything looks good, so that was definitely reassuring. It has been fun calling her "she" instead of "it" and this morning my mom and I went to a garage sale and picked out a few girl clothes! I know not everyone likes to find out the gender of their baby, but it has been really good for me to discover. I feel a bit more attached to her now than I did before. She even told me that she likes purple and green more than pink, and I was relieved to hear that, although every girl must have a little pink in her life!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Kate - you and your little girl look INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL together (I think she's making you glow).

Due the the fact that she's beautiful, and that Aaron will be at Calvin and you'll be in GR - you should call her Deb - because I was born in GR in winter while dad was in seminary (and hey, even if you have her in Colorado later, I STILL think you should call her Deb). Just my opinion of course.

Anonymous said...

Now that Myrtle is somewhat of an outmoded name, as with those before you, I would suggest that we begin the next generation with a little Jill Jr. (JJ). As you know, I have no direct heirs and I'm not promising anything, but I am just sayin'.

I, too, am glad that JJ prefers non-pink colors. I look forward to more news and photos. Glad you made it back safely from Africa.

Love, Auntie Jill

Kelly Cook said...

Yea for Kate! Yea for girls! Yea for every thing!

I also liked talking to "not its"

Love you and miss you

Anonymous said...

Katie! You look adorable! I am so eager to see you and touch your belly and say hello to Izze! What a cute, gorgeous pregnant woman you are! I love you and miss you tons...