Friday, May 4, 2007

"Honey-Do"


Aaron and I are living in two different worlds right now. I am a woman of the day and he is a man of the night. He gets home from work as I am getting up for the day and our bed is occupied about 14-15 hours a day. The smell of sleep lingers in the bedroom. In order to stay somewhat connected, we have taken to communicating through notes, or "honey-do" lists. In two of Aaron's notes to me this week, one of the items that he has asked me to accomplish was to "write me a love letter." And I am the lame partner who had to be asked TWICE to do it.

Dear Aaron,
You really are an amazing husband, and so often I take you for granted. Like the other night for example, you were washing the dishes and you started to wash my water cup, but I snapped at you and told you that I wasn't finished with it yet. Then you graciously reached in the cup to remove a floatie, in which my response was "I'd rather have a floatie in my water than your dirty mitts." The look on your face immediately snapped me out of my attitude! Thanks, I needed that.
You are a great communicator - you not only listen to me, but you share your thoughts and feelings as well. You love well. You crack me up. You are creative - your latest endeavor proves that. You celebrate the little things...like last night we went out for a really nice dinner to celebrate our tax return! (And you told me to get anything I wanted!) You are laid-back and aren't easily angered. You work hard to provide for our family. You love God - alot. I am so blessed to be married to you. I thoroughly enjoy being with you. I can't wait for the weekends, and I'm so glad that today is Friday. See you after work! I love you!

So, now I can cross "write me a love letter" off of the "honey-do list." But know that what I wrote is completely from my heart. And I would've done it even if you hadn't asked....eventually! :) PS Don't you just love this photo???

1 comment:

Kelly Cook said...

I love this and I love you guys! Welcome to the world of bloggy nerds.